Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Table Saw Search: The HAMMER


Reading through different forum posts it's not infrequent for someone to say if you want the best saw... buy a Hammer.

The Hammer  K3 is a serious unit. 4 horse power. 10-12" blade. 240kg (for the base unit.) No doubt a wonderful saw... but I'm a hobbyist. My wallet and my shed are not that big.

I'm waiting to hear an updated price from Felder. But Machinary4U has them for $5349 which is more than twice the original budget and more than my first car... 



5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, not so sure about the comment,

    "if you want the best saw... buy a Hammer."

    hah! That is a bit humorous. Perhaps better re-phrased as,

    "if you want the least expensive saw in the Felder group line of products... buy a Hammer."

    It's not the 'best' sliding saw, not by a long shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris,
    I'm only going off the reviews. Not to saw the is faultless but it has a good rep.
    Do you have any tablesaw recommendations in the $1.5-5K price range?
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would name your blog the dreamland swtor credits,guild wars 2 leveling,aion kinah! While Santa knocks at our door just once per year, you blog is open the whole year – wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought Dewalt DW175 miter saw two months ago. I have problem with cutting board 90 degree. Do you think I use table miter saw improve cutting boar? I want to décor crib for my daughter

    ReplyDelete

Like at Facebook

Redbubble