Thursday, December 16, 2010

Finishing Time

I've nearly completed two projects ready in time for christmas. One box is for my nieces (aged 1 and 3) and the other my daughter (aged 9 months.)




 

Currently they have a layer of thin de-waxed shellac as a sanding sealer. I debated for ages on what finish to you. I thought of paint or even chaulk board paint and let them cover it. But then decided on a stain to show off the grain and joinery. 

Keen to try something new, I bought some Feast Watson liming solultion with a cedar stain to make the pieces a subtle pink. However, I mixed up half the solution and it wasn't so subtle.



Hmmm. I could ignore the stain and just continue with the wipe on poly. Or just go ahead. In the past I've always used old baltic stain on pine with good results.

Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like at Facebook

Redbubble