Thursday, March 3, 2011

Would you like a pew with dinner..

Serious progress is being made on the bench seats... which strangely look like pews... The main joinery is complete. Plenty of work to go however, final shaping (mainly on the back rest), sanding, gluing (with screws and ebony plugs), and then finishing... 



Chairs/benches are always a little tricky to get the right feel. (Especially for someone with limited experience). The benches a tad low but this will be corrected with the a cushion/upholstery over the wood. The backrest is posture correcting at the height I wanted to support the lowerback. Once the round over is completed this should be even more comfortable. I'm surprised at how narrow the seat is (forwards to backwards direction) meaning that my thighs are only supported between 1/2 and 2/3 the distance. The size was limited by my planner capacity but next time I would bring it forward or make it wider.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like at Facebook

Redbubble