Sunday, December 27, 2009

Resawing with a circular saw


The original boards were ~10' cut to ~8' leaving 2' sections. Being both coincidence and planning, this gave me sections the width of the bench for the bottom shelf, the parallel bars, and the wheel supports.

Currently I have no access to a band saw, so I used my circular saw to re-saw the pieces. Was a little rough, but actually better and safer than I thought it would be.

I've left the pieces un-dressed; to allow the wood to continue to dry, and because the planner blades need a sharpen.

2 comments:

  1. How did you resaw using a circular saw. I was thinking of trying the same thing since I don't have a band saw nor a table saw. I was thinking of creating a jig to hold the wood on edge and provide a surface to stabilize the saw. I would cut about half way through and then flip the board, similar to how you'd resaw with a table saw. I would love to see a photo and hear a description of how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One measure of tool power on corded models is amperage draw, a figure you’ll find stamped on the nameplate of every power tool. If I were recommending a saw to a friend, I’d choose from machines that draw at least 10 amps of current, and preferably closer to 15.

    ReplyDelete

Like at Facebook

Redbubble