Thursday, July 1, 2010

Maker's Mark


Maker's Mark is small UK company specializing in small production runs of brass & stainless steal name plates specifically for custom made furniture and cabinetwork. 

After giving up on my search for such a maker I came across the name in the back pages of Fine Woodworking. When I mentioned it on the Australian Woodwork Forums, people (including Mark Aylward from The Solid Wood & Furniture Company) were overall very positive.

The above design is an example from their site I liked the most. Modifying it to fit my own purposes we came up with the following four (25x1mm and 35x1.5.) In the end I decided to order 30 of the 25mm with capital letters at a cost of 64 pounds (delivered.) 



Alternatives to namely your furniture are hot brands, custom punches, pyrography, and pens/pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like at Facebook

Redbubble